Before Your Appointment
Depending upon the reason for your doctor's visit, this checklist can help you prepare.
Bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Valid Alberta Health Care Card or Out-of-Province Health Care Card
- List of current medications with their dosage amounts
- List of previous surgeries
- If from out of province, a copy of any images (CD format)
- A family member or friend to help with listening or translating, if needed
If this is part of a WCB claim, have the following information with you:
- Claim Number
- Date of Accident
- Type of Injury (Crush, fracture etc)
- Injury Site
During Your Appointment
To make the most of your appointment, be sure to ask your doctor any questions or express any concerns you have. Bring a list of these concerns with you to ensure nothing is missed.
After Your Appointment
If you need additional testing or consultations, we will make every effort to schedule them at the earliest available time.
If you are a surgical candidate, we will take care of providing the hospital with your information for surgical bookings.